The Rules of Life
You will receive a body. You may like it or hate it, but it will be yours for the entire period this time around.
– You will learn lessons. You are enrolled in a full-time, informal school called life. Each day in this school you will have the opportunity to learn lessons. You may like the lessons or think them irrelevant and stupid.
– There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trial and error, experimentation. The “failed” experiments are as much a part of the process as the experiment that ultimately “works”.
– A lesson is repeated until it is learned. A lesson will be presented to you in various forms until you have learned it. Then you can go on to the next lesson.
– Learning lessons does not end. There is no part of life that does not contain its lessons. If you are alive, there are lessons to be learned.
– “There” is no better than “here”. When your “there” has become a “here”, you will simply obtain another “there” that again, looks better than “here”.
– Others are merely mirrors of you. You cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects to you something you love or hate about yourself.
– What you make of your life is up to you. You have all the tools and resources you need; what you do with them is up to you. The choice is yours.
– The answers lie inside you. The answers to life’s questions lie inside you. All you need to do is look, listen and trust.